Through 20 sessions of leadership training and 29 sessions of our first quarterly introductory training for Medical Sales & Marketing employees, over 2,000 employees in the Olympus Corporation of the Americas workforce have received some level of Diversity & Inclusion training – that’s approximately 38% of the employee population. Medical Sales & Marketing employees will attend mandatory quarterly Diversity & Inclusion trainings over the course of this year with a manager led discussion with their teams following the training using a facilitation guide.
“Let’s Learn, Talk, Act” was the title of the training series attended by Director-level and above employees, including President of Olympus Corporation of the Americas, Julien Sauvagnargues and other business unit presidents. The objective of the series was as follows:
- Give participants insight on the historical social structures that influence our operations today as they pertain to diversities and historical exclusions
- Begin exploring how the individual participants are impacted by the social structures within the US
- Engage in dialogue regarding their own experiences surrounding D&I and provide space for participants to listen to the experiences of others
- Explore ways to create an inclusive and just environment
- Identify scenarios where exclusionary practices have occurred and discuss solutions
The series featured open conversation about tough topics and questions like: How have participants experienced life in the skin they’re in or the demographics they belong to? And what makes our interactions across difference so difficult?